Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to embed pics or youtube videos

Options
  • 18-10-2007 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hello all

I've been using boards for a bit now and it's great!

Does anyone know how to embed pics and yourtube videos into your posts?

It looks way cooler than just a link.

Thanks

Barneysplash

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

[noparse]capitalism_and_other_kids_stuff.jpg[/noparse]

gives you:

capitalism_and_other_kids_stuff.jpg

For you tube videos put the bit after the v= between youtube tags.eg

[noparse][/noparse]

gives you:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

thanks cushion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Some forums don't allow you to have the images inline but you can check that on the bottom left of the page where it shows something like below except with on/off for the different forums.
    vB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Is there a way to post only a segment of a youtube video clip? I could have sworn I saw someone do that some time ago. ie: from 1:56-3:05, and the youtube video only plays between those markers.

Or am I wrong?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Gordon wrote: »
    Is there a way to post only a segment of a youtube video clip? I could have sworn I saw someone do that some time ago. ie: from 1:56-3:05, and the youtube video only plays between those markers.

Or am I wrong?

Now that would be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭robo

Also how do you embed pictures from your PC into threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Upload the images to www.wthax.org (Browse - Submit)
    It will return a URL like: [noparse][img]http://www.whateverthe****.com/whatever.jpeg[/img][/noparse]

Copy and paste it into your post.

Check the bottom left of the page for the Posting Rules box. It must say "code is On" to allow embedded pictures. Otherwise, they just appear as a link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You have to upload them first to a hosting site like imageshack, flickr or wthax.org. Then it will give you a link with the tag included (if not then just get the location of the image and dump it into thetag shown by Karoma) that you can just copy and paste into your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭chat2joe

Is there anyway to embed youtube videos in the higher quality available now??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

chat2joe wrote: »
    Is there anyway to embed youtube videos in the higher quality available now??

I believe you just add a # to the end of the clip id.

So
    [noparse][/noparse]

Becomes

[noparse]
    [/noparse]

• Advertisement
Advertisement